So, let's do a quick tally here ...
- 70% of respondents in an espn.com poll thought the Sonics should stay in Seattle
- The overwhelming majority of NBA fanblogs across the country think the Sonics should stay in Seattle
- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is willing to contribute his considerable wealth to keep the Sonics in Seattle
- The Mayor and City Council want the Sonics to stay in Seattle
- US Senators Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell want the Sonics to stay in Seattle
So, Mr. Stern, still feeling pretty good about your decision to relocate the Sonics?
All facetiousness aside, at what point does Stern admit he has made a mistake? When photos of Clay Bennett giving a deposit to a moving company emerge? When incriminating emails between Stern and Bennett come to light? Ever?
Folks, Murray and Cantwell have been as inconspicuous as Rashard Lewis on defense in the past few months and the fact those two have throw their weight behind this situation only further illustrates how pathetic the Stern & Bennett camp is beginning to look.