Well, the season has (sort of) begun. Last night the Sonics dropped a 82-75 game to the Blazers, in a matchup that had all the intrigue of spring football practice drills. Yeah, it was Weiss v Mac-10, Allen v Kobe-Killer, and all of that, but, seriously, does anyone care? After all, can you remember how the Sonics did in the pre-season last year?
Notes to take away from the game:
- Mr. Glass got the starting nod, but Radman was not in the lineup at all due to a left foot inflammation. Also absent were the Potato (hamstring) and Da Fort (conflict with previously scheduled Angerholics class in Renton).
- Former Duck (whoo!) Alex Scales dropped double figures on Portland, and was the 2nd Sonic off the bench behind the Omen.
- Mr. Glass also got to the line 6 times and hit 4 of them, hopefully a nice portent of things to come this year.
- The Sonics got all of 5 points in transition. Nice to see that up-tempo style in action, huh?
- Swifty got the start at center, and managed an airball with his first shot.